Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween--Clark Kent and Spider-Man

We had a great Halloween!  Caleb LOVES dressing up, so this was his holiday.  He was most excited and really understood the concept this year.  Davis caught on quickly and had fun too! 
 
Caleb's past 4 Halloweens, we have picked out what he is to wear (pumpkin, dalmation, monkey, and a lion).  This year, we completely left it up to him.  We were really hoping he picked Superman because of Davis' Clark Kent costume but Caleb choose Spider-Man, so we didn't complain. 
 
Here we are at a friend's birthday party on Halloween afternoon.
Avery had a quick photo shoot with the carved pumpkins.  Yes, they are on our couch-I couldn't get a good picture of her and the pumpkins on the ground-plus they are holding her upright. 
We carved the 2 pumpkins in 2 days but the boys wanted NO part of getting their hands messy.  I had fun using pumpkins as an analogy of us with our gross sin but God, scrapes us clean, carves a pretty face on us, put His light in us, and uses our seeds to plant other beautiful pumpkins.  Such a great analogy that I think Caleb understood a little. 
I actually had a fun time doing Batman but learned a thing of two as I did it.  I haven't carved a pumpkin in YEARS, so it was fun to be "artistic"
Avery wasn't feeling the pumpkin hat but I thought it went nicely.
Craig dressed up in his awesome costume for work but he didn't dress that way for the kid's party for fear he would scare the little ones.  It is pretty Scary, Huh?
I finally did something I have always wanted to do and that is pass out some of Jesus' Love with our treats.  I follow a great blog that gave a free printable and made it easy to do! Yes, I pass out Icee Pop for the kids to either drink or freeze.  I got the idea from my brilliant sister and have done it ever since.  The kids seem to really like something different.
At our friend's party, they had the Fire Department come and they left with their sirens and lights on.
They are ready to Trick or Treat!
Finally, got the glasses to stay on
He is so excited!
We practiced and role played what to say and how to treat the neighbors that gave candy.
Mr. Will, We LOVE Him!
Davis actually kept the glasses on for a few houses, I think he was still in shock of how easy it was to knock on the door and get candy!
Avery went around to our closest neighbors before it was time for her bedtime.  I just love how she is gazing up at Daddy! (we had a cute Chili Pepper costume for Avery but since it was 80+ degrees it was too hot for this Chili Pepper).
After the boys got home, ate dinner, and took a bath, we lite the pumpkins and turned on our porch light.  They got to hand out our treats to a few people!
Such a fun night! Happy Halloween from Spider-Man, Clark Kent, our littlest Pumpkin!

No comments: