Monday, June 1, 2009

8 months - May 25

It is hard to believe we have an eight month old!!! From a trip to the Arboretum, to the recovery from his surgery, to his first vacation to Craig's Family's Ranch in the Hill Country, to a crazy month of a ton of activities as we wrapped up the school year with our 8th graders (end of year parties, graduation, etc.) Caleb is getting more and more active and enjoys making plenty of noises to keep us all entertained. He is growing so much and has such a precious little personality. As I have watched my former students and my 8th grade girls grow, change, and become a year older. I think back to the 5 years I taught before having Caleb -this "school year" has gone by far faster than it ever did when I was nose-deep in teaching. I have done some reflecting on my past jobs and I realized having Caleb has brought new meaning to my life. My job used to be what gave me a sense of accomplishment. Now, I no longer earn evaluations or a paycheck, just our son’s love. Knowing that I’m making a real difference in his life is all the reward I need. I pray daily that he will someday become a fully-devoted follower of Christ (and that is truly the ONLY reward I need.) Disclaimer...we apologize for the numerous photos- we had fun borrowing a friend's camera.




This was a fun month of many different looks....See below for a few new looks we gave Caleb (We played dress up a few times and we are struggling with what to do with his long hair - we are not quite ready to cut it.)





Is Caleb not his father's son or what? He already LOVES dressing up!


Mimi and Caleb at the Arboretum the day before his surgery.


Caleb puts EVERYTHING in his mouth including a little nibble on Mommy's nose.

To see more pictures of Caleb's month, click here.

No comments: